Buying a shipping container home can seem like a daunting task. While there are quite a few steps and details to sort through, we've got your back. This page (and video) walk you through step by step of our process, start to finish.
1. Decide your budget (These steps will help get a general idea of cost)
2. If you need financing, there are usually two types of loans you should start with.
(Please understand these are recommendations, you will need to contact your local bank to understand their process)
1. Call your local city or county building department and ask the following:
2. If they allow shipping container homes and a permit is required be prepared for the next steps.
Now that you have verified with the city or county that a container home is allowed you can start the search for
property (unless you already own it). Below is a list of things to consider when searching for property:
Now that you have the property selected, it is time to reach out to the general contractor you have selected. If you
haven't contacted a general contractor yet, now would be a great time to call one or two and get bids from them.
Check to see if their schedule is conducive to your timeline. Step 4 and 5 work together. While you are working with
the general contractor, you should also be working on step 5 which is selecting your final design. Below is a list of
things you might need your contractor’s help completing.
Watch our Foundation Video Below
Now that all the challenging steps are out of the way, it's time to get psyched up about your container home!!!
Here are a few simple things you need to consider when selecting a floor plan:
1. Once you have selected your floor plan, upgrades and customizations we will prepare your final
quote with the final price for your approval.
2. After you approve the final quote we will generate the sales contract for you to review and sign.
With your signed contract you can provide a deposit of 50% by mail or a wire transfer.
3. We will take care of the rest. Each build is done in a professional and timely manner. We will
continue to keep you updated throughout your build(s) so you know exactly what phase your home is in.
If you want to come and see your build in progress please let us know ahead of
time so we can set up an appointment.
Our delivery process is set up to make your life hassle free when it comes to this step. We supply the
truck and trailer to get your home delivered to you safely. Each delivery fee will depend on your location
and how many containers your build has.
Once onsite we will do the work to get your home set properly on your foundation. Depending on your
location and if additional equipment is needed (crane) we will work with the company to make sure we are still
providing you with the best service in a timely manner.
For the best understanding of how the delivery process works and what will be required from you, please
take the time to watch our delivery video (see below) and let us know if you have any questions to insure we have a